Here’s a short fiction/CNF/novel contest for women writers run by Carolina Wren Press, an excellent small press. (Read the guidelines carefully; the requirements are slightly different from the usual contest rules.)
The next Doris Bakwin Award for Writing by a Woman will take entries with a postmark deadline of 3/15/2012.
Final Judge is Moira Crone
1) Submit the first 50-60 pages of fiction manuscript (stories or a novel) or non-fiction (memoir, not academic work), by a single author identifying as a woman. Use two title pages: one with title and author name and address, email, etc., and one with just the manuscript title. The entire manuscript may not have been previously published, self-published, in print or online, although individual parts of the manuscript (e.g. stories or chapters) may have been printed in journals or published online. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know if your manuscript has been accepted elsewhere.
In addition, please include the following:
2) CD or thumbdrive containing the entire manuscript in Word or as a PDF.
3) Self-addressed stamped envelope for contest results (manuscripts will not be returned).
4) Reading fee of $20: we accept checks or money orders.
5) Page of acknowledgments, e.g. a list of previous publications, if any, of the work submitted.
6) Author bio is optional.
Note: do not waste your money on expensive shipping (UPS, Fedex, etc) or shipping materials. A simple envelope mailed First Class or Priority is fine. The deadline is a postmark deadline, not a received-by deadline.
More information: http://carolinawrenpress.org/submissions/contests