A year ago tomorrow, Work in Progress opened its blog door. Seems like a long time ago…seems like yesterday. My sincere thanks to Denise, who came up with the blog name (my titling woes are well-documented); to C.M. Mayo who is a good friend and an inspiring blogger role model, who encouraged me to go for it; and to you, all of you who take time out of your busy days to read these words.
The blog is, as always, a work in progress, and I appreciate and welcome your comments and suggestions.
Here’s a short list of my favorite posts that I’ve written. Later, I’ll offer a list of especially memorable guest posts:
1. This reverie about an afternoon spent at the library.
2. The challenge of recognizing when it’s time to put your manuscript in a drawer and move on.
3. Another challenge: how to manage the dreaded flashback in your work.
4. No list of mine would be complete without a mention of F. Scott Fitzgerald.
5. Inspiration from outside the usual realm, The Gettysburg Address.
6. Discovering who your characters are.
7. And just for fun, to demonstrate my compulsive nature and inability to let go of something, why the last episode of The Sopranos was brilliant!